Monday, February 7, 2011

Dear, Packers

If you're an avid reader of Sports Hate Me then you know there is no single thing more despised by SHM on the entire planet than the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tonight they actually failed to win a big game. They tasted defeat in a bitter way for the first time in a loooooong time. The only way it could've been better is if it were the Bengals themselves on the championship podium. Thanks to the Green Bay Packers for saving the rest of us from yet another unbearable Steelers Super Bowl victory and rescuing us from experiencing that nightmare for the third time since 2005. A loss by the Steelers is a win for America.

We'd like to thank Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, AJ Hawk, BJ Raji, Nick Collins, my "uncle" Mike McCarthy, and any other Packer who contributed to slaying the evil dragon.

I'd also like to thank Packer fans for so graciously allowing us to jump aboard the bandwagon. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and now you are a very very good friend. You'll always hold a special place in my heart, but now it's time to step down, take off the brand-new Packers shirt, and return to the sad reality that is Bengals fandom.

Thanks again.

signed, Happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there cool post. I'm from England but I know exactly what you're going through especially with losing Lebron James to Miami and now having the worst losing streak in history. At the moment my favourite team the Utah Jazz are playing badly and we lost Jerry Sloan so I feel for you. Once again nice post

    ReplyDelete